Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Tue December 11, 2012
Southern Vermont Gets 470k for Irene Recovery Planning
Two southern development organizations are getting $470,000 to boost long-term recovery efforts following last year's Tropical Storm Irene.
The state's congressional delegation says the Windham Regional Commission and the Bennington County Regional Commission will use the funds to work with businesses and encourage public and private approaches to promote job creation.
Senator Patrick Leahy and Senator Bernie Sanders and U.S. Representative Peter Welch say the money will speed the recovery of many southern Vermont communities still recovering from Irene.
Susan McMahon of the Windham Regional Commission says the funds will help focus on long term development and resiliency planning.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.