Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
Tue December 11, 2012
Southern Vermont Gets 470k for Irene Recovery Planning
Two southern development organizations are getting $470,000 to boost long-term recovery efforts following last year's Tropical Storm Irene.
The state's congressional delegation says the Windham Regional Commission and the Bennington County Regional Commission will use the funds to work with businesses and encourage public and private approaches to promote job creation.
Senator Patrick Leahy and Senator Bernie Sanders and U.S. Representative Peter Welch say the money will speed the recovery of many southern Vermont communities still recovering from Irene.
Susan McMahon of the Windham Regional Commission says the funds will help focus on long term development and resiliency planning.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.