Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
New York News
Fri August 29, 2014
SPAC To Increase Security After Assault
New York State Police will have a greater presence at Saratoga Performing Arts Center after a recent sexual assault at the venue.
State police will increase security as investigations continue on a sexual assault that took place at a concert on August 12th. SPAC is located within the Saratoga Spa State Park.
Parks spokesman Dan Keefe told the Albany Times Union that while park police believe the assault was an isolated incident, there will be additional security measures for remaining events at the venue this season. He says that includes increased park patrols, event security through concert promoters and park staff with a visible presence.
The 2014 SPAC season will come to a close after the Saratoga Wine and Food Festival on September 5th.