Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed June 15, 2005
Spano Calls for Indian Point Shutdown
By Hank Gross
Buchanan, N.Y – Westchester County Executive Andrew Spano yesterday released a report commissioned by the county to determine what the consultants believe is the best course of action for the Indian Point nuclear power
plants. As a result, the county executive wants IP owner Entergy to voluntarily shut it down and not seek re-licensing, which comes due in 2013 and 2015, respectively for the two facilities. WAMC's Hank Gross reports.