Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Wed June 15, 2005
Spano Calls for Indian Point Shutdown
By Hank Gross
Buchanan, N.Y – Westchester County Executive Andrew Spano yesterday released a report commissioned by the county to determine what the consultants believe is the best course of action for the Indian Point nuclear power
plants. As a result, the county executive wants IP owner Entergy to voluntarily shut it down and not seek re-licensing, which comes due in 2013 and 2015, respectively for the two facilities. WAMC's Hank Gross reports.