Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu March 8, 2012
Spanx Founder Makes 'Forbes' Billionaire List
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
And we turn now to a group of people worth almost as much as a small country. Today's last word in business goes to Forbes magazine, which has released its 25th annual billionaires list.
Holding down the top spot again is Mexican telecom mogul Carlos Slim Helu, with a net worth of $69 billion. Other regular suspects make an appearance, such as Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg. But there are some newcomers, like American Sara Blakely. The 41-year-old founder of Spanx, the body-shaping undergarment company, is the youngest self-made woman, we're told, to join the club.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.