Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed December 21, 2005
Spike in Holiday Sales, Merchants Cautiously Optimistic
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The weekly Holiday Sales Watch from a New York retail organization found that businesses saw a spike in sales last weekend. Consumer purchases were 2 to 4 percent higher than the same period last year. Despite that increase, merchants are cautiously optimistic while reporting overall average holiday sales. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.