Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed December 21, 2005
Spike in Holiday Sales, Merchants Cautiously Optimistic
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The weekly Holiday Sales Watch from a New York retail organization found that businesses saw a spike in sales last weekend. Consumer purchases were 2 to 4 percent higher than the same period last year. Despite that increase, merchants are cautiously optimistic while reporting overall average holiday sales. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.