Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon July 15, 2013
Springfield City Council To Vote On Cultural District
The city council in Springfield, Massachusetts is expected to vote Monday to seek state recognition for a downtown cultural district.
The proposed cultural district would encompass a several block area that is home to museums, performance venues, art galleries, a college, and the Springfield Armory National Park. Springfield Museums President Holly Smith-Bove said an official designation by the Massachusetts Cultural Council would be a boon for the city.
There are currently 16 state designated cultural districts in Massachusetts including ones in Pittsfield and Easthampton.