Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New England News
Mon July 15, 2013
Springfield City Council To Vote On Cultural District
The city council in Springfield, Massachusetts is expected to vote Monday to seek state recognition for a downtown cultural district.
The proposed cultural district would encompass a several block area that is home to museums, performance venues, art galleries, a college, and the Springfield Armory National Park. Springfield Museums President Holly Smith-Bove said an official designation by the Massachusetts Cultural Council would be a boon for the city.
There are currently 16 state designated cultural districts in Massachusetts including ones in Pittsfield and Easthampton.