Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
New England News
Fri October 25, 2013
Springfield To Consider Temporary Moratorium On Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
The city council in Springfield, Massachusetts on Monday will vote on a proposed moratorium on medical marijuana treatment centers.
The proposed moratorium on locating a medical marijuana dispensary in Springfield could be in effect until the end of next June, according to city solicitor Ed Pikula.
Several communities have enacted moratoriums as the Massachusetts Department of Public Health moves to license later this year the first marijuana treatment centers in the state. Two applicants are seeking licenses in Springfield, but have not disclosed the proposed locations for the medical marijuana dispensaries.