Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Fri October 25, 2013
Springfield To Consider Temporary Moratorium On Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
The city council in Springfield, Massachusetts on Monday will vote on a proposed moratorium on medical marijuana treatment centers.
The proposed moratorium on locating a medical marijuana dispensary in Springfield could be in effect until the end of next June, according to city solicitor Ed Pikula.
Several communities have enacted moratoriums as the Massachusetts Department of Public Health moves to license later this year the first marijuana treatment centers in the state. Two applicants are seeking licenses in Springfield, but have not disclosed the proposed locations for the medical marijuana dispensaries.