Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New England News
Tue March 21, 2006
Springfield Control Board Chairman Discusses City's Problems
By Dan Bobkoff
AMHERST, MA – As the city of Springfield, Massachusetts, continues its downward financial spiral, the role of the the city's Finance Control Board becomes even more crucial. Control Board Chairman Alan LeBovidge was at Umass Amherst this morning.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff spoke with LeBovidge about the plight of Springfield and current issues the board and the city face.