Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Thu April 26, 2012
Springfield Group to Release Tornado Rebuild Plan
Springfield officials say they've finished designing a plan to rebuild the city after tornado touchdowns that wreaked havoc last June. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
They'll release details of the rebuilding plan in a 3 p.m. meeting today at Springfield City Hall.
Plan manager Kevin Sweeney says the initiative was based in part on input from 3,000 residents.
It combines rebuilding with economic development ideas.
Sweeney says they'd "like to see Springfield not just where it was on the day of the tornado, but in a better place."
Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno will be among officials speaking about the plan this afternoon.
At least 19 communities in Massachusetts suffered damage from the June 1, 2011, storm.
It flattened hundreds of homes and left three people dead.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.