Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue December 20, 2005
Springfield hopes for compromise
By Jessica Bloustein
Springfield, MA – The cash-strapped city of Springfield, Massachusetts is taking another hit. State lawmakers sent a clear message to the city yesterday that it will not provide any more financial assistance. Meanwhile, the superior court ruling that the city illegally froze teacher wages in 2003 still looms. Mayor Charles Ryan calls the situation, vexing.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.