Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
WAMC New York News
Tue December 20, 2005
Springfield hopes for compromise
By Jessica Bloustein
Springfield, MA – The cash-strapped city of Springfield, Massachusetts is taking another hit. State lawmakers sent a clear message to the city yesterday that it will not provide any more financial assistance. Meanwhile, the superior court ruling that the city illegally froze teacher wages in 2003 still looms. Mayor Charles Ryan calls the situation, vexing.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.