Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
New England News
Thu November 1, 2012
Springfield Mayor Names Casino Advisory Committee
Officials in Springfield Massachusetts have announced a December 14 deadline for three casino operators to submit detailed proposals about their projects. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports
In addition to revealing the timetable for the next phase of the city’s casino selection process, Mayor Domenic Sarno Thursday named a six member committee to advise him on casino decisions.
The advisory committee includes a retired state trial court judge, a managing director at a financial services firm, and a former official with the Connecticut Dept of Labor. Ameristar, MGM and Penn National are competing for development rights in Springfield with projects that are each worth more than $800 million.