Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu August 14, 2003
St. Lawrence Cement Plant Forum Brings Out Both Sides
By Allison Dunne
Rhinebeck, New York – A Dutchess County, New York legislator hosted a public forum last night. Area residents filled Rhinebeck Town Hall wanting to learn more about St. Lawrence Cement's proposed Greenport plant in Columbia County. Both sides presented their differing views on issues ranging from diesel truck traffic to emmissions to plumes. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne was there.