Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed May 5, 2004
State Clarifies Gay Marriage for Clerks
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Yesterday in Massachusetts, town and city clerks were given their first training on how to issue marriage licenses once gay marriage becomes legal on May 17th. Clerks are on the front lines of the unfolding gay marriage policy, and there had been confusion over who can legally marry and how couples would need to prove their eligibility. WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson has more.