Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
Hudson Valley News
Mon May 13, 2013
State Commission Calls For Removal Of Town Justice
ALBANY – The State Commission on Judicial Conduct has determined that Justice Glen George, who presides in the Middletown Town Court in Delaware County, should be removed from office.
The commission found that George fixed a ticket by dismissing a seat belt violation issued to his friend and former employer, in the absence of the prosecutor and notwithstanding a prior caution by the commission that he not preside over matters involving his friend’s family.
The commission also found that the judge made improper statements to a prospective litigant in a small claims matter.
Judge George, who is not an attorney, has served as a justice of the Middletown Town Court since 1985. His current term expires on December 31, 2015.