Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu October 20, 2005
State Department Officials Listen to Passport Proposal Concerns at Plattsburgh Forum
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Business and tourism officials from across New York's North Country and southern Quebec met in Plattsburgh Wednesday for a forum on new border identification rules proposed by the US Department of Homeland Security. The vast majority of those attending told the State Department representative who traveled to Plattsburgh that the current system isn't broken, and what they're planning could jeopardize the economy and culture of border communities. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley was at the forum.