Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Tue April 17, 2012
State, Federal Taxes in MA Due By Midnight
Last minute tax filers in Massachusetts have until midnight to double-check their math before submitting their state and federal tax returns this year.
WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
Taxes are typically due on April 15, but because the date fell on a Sunday this year, the tax deadline was pushed back.
Normally that would have meant that taxes were due the next day, but this year April 16 fell on Monday, Patriots' Day, a holiday in Massachusetts.
Monday was also Emancipation Day, a holiday in the District of Columbia, meaning that federal offices were also closed.
That means that in Massachusetts both federal and state income taxes aren't due until today.
Returns must be filed or postmarked by midnight.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.