Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri January 30, 2004
State Lottery Begins Advertising to Raise Local Money
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts State Lottery started running commercials this week for the first time since 1997. It's hoped the ads will generate more revenue for the state. Traditionally, profits from the lottery are funneled back to cities and towns. But some money in Massachusetts remains with the state. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.