Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri January 30, 2004
State Lottery Begins Advertising to Raise Local Money
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts State Lottery started running commercials this week for the first time since 1997. It's hoped the ads will generate more revenue for the state. Traditionally, profits from the lottery are funneled back to cities and towns. But some money in Massachusetts remains with the state. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.