Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New York News
Tue October 1, 2013
State Obtained Adirondack Land Opens to Public
More than 11-thousand acres of Adirondack lands opened for public recreational use on Tuesday.
Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that lands and waters along the Essex Chain of Lakes opened to the public for the first time in over 100 years on October first.
The land is part of 69,000 acres of former Finch Pryn lands the state acquired from the Nature Conservancy in August 2012.
An interim management plan allows for public access prior to final classification of the land.