Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Mon August 16, 2004
State Readies for Military Closure Battle
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The US military is planning another round of base closures. By November 2005, the federal government will decide which facilities will remain open and which will close. New York State is gearing up for the upcoming closure rounds with plans to protect its remaining facilities.
North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.