Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon August 16, 2004
State Readies for Military Closure Battle
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The US military is planning another round of base closures. By November 2005, the federal government will decide which facilities will remain open and which will close. New York State is gearing up for the upcoming closure rounds with plans to protect its remaining facilities.
North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.