Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon November 8, 2004
State Regulators Take a Stand On Trash Burning
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – The environmental commissioners of eight states in the Northeast have come together in the name of reducing air pollution from the open burning of household trash. Some environmentalists commend the move, but say that, in New York, at least, more needs to be done. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.