Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
WAMC New York News
Thu November 3, 2005
State report shows high cancer incidence in Western Mass.
By Jessica Bloustein
Northampton, MA – The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has recently released a report of cancer incidence in cities and towns in the state. The numbers are high in Western Massachusetts for certain types of cancer-but one of the region's top oncologists says it is not necessarily a cause for alarm.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.