Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
WAMC New York News
Thu November 3, 2005
State report shows high cancer incidence in Western Mass.
By Jessica Bloustein
Northampton, MA – The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has recently released a report of cancer incidence in cities and towns in the state. The numbers are high in Western Massachusetts for certain types of cancer-but one of the region's top oncologists says it is not necessarily a cause for alarm.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.