Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
New England News
Thu September 27, 2012
State Street Corp and UMass Amherst Begin Career Program
A major Boston based financial services company and UMass Amherst are launching a job training program for students. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
State Street Corporation is creating 100 part time jobs for UMass students at a new office the financial services giant has opened in Hadley. The students will be doing the so-called back office work essential to investment activity, such as recording securities trades and currency exchanges. UMass officials say it provides the students with invaluable real-world experience. The program gives State Street access to a pool of skilled young workers. State Street and UMass Boston have partnered on an internship program since 2005.