Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Thu September 27, 2012
State Street Corp and UMass Amherst Begin Career Program
A major Boston based financial services company and UMass Amherst are launching a job training program for students. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
State Street Corporation is creating 100 part time jobs for UMass students at a new office the financial services giant has opened in Hadley. The students will be doing the so-called back office work essential to investment activity, such as recording securities trades and currency exchanges. UMass officials say it provides the students with invaluable real-world experience. The program gives State Street access to a pool of skilled young workers. State Street and UMass Boston have partnered on an internship program since 2005.