Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Thu September 27, 2012
State Street Corp and UMass Amherst Begin Career Program
A major Boston based financial services company and UMass Amherst are launching a job training program for students. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
State Street Corporation is creating 100 part time jobs for UMass students at a new office the financial services giant has opened in Hadley. The students will be doing the so-called back office work essential to investment activity, such as recording securities trades and currency exchanges. UMass officials say it provides the students with invaluable real-world experience. The program gives State Street access to a pool of skilled young workers. State Street and UMass Boston have partnered on an internship program since 2005.