Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Thu September 27, 2012
State Street Corp and UMass Amherst Begin Career Program
A major Boston based financial services company and UMass Amherst are launching a job training program for students. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
State Street Corporation is creating 100 part time jobs for UMass students at a new office the financial services giant has opened in Hadley. The students will be doing the so-called back office work essential to investment activity, such as recording securities trades and currency exchanges. UMass officials say it provides the students with invaluable real-world experience. The program gives State Street access to a pool of skilled young workers. State Street and UMass Boston have partnered on an internship program since 2005.