Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Tue October 28, 2003
States & Cities Join Suit to Block New Pollution Rules
By Pat Bradley
Washington D.C. – Twelve states, including New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Connecticut filed suit against the EPA yesterday over rule changes to the Clean Air Act. The EPA's new rule affects the New Source Review clause, which mandates the installation of emissions controls when plants are upgraded. The attorneys-general say the Bush administration does not have the authority to change the act without Congressional approval. More from Pat Bradley.