Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue October 28, 2003
States & Cities Join Suit to Block New Pollution Rules
By Pat Bradley
Washington D.C. – Twelve states, including New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Connecticut filed suit against the EPA yesterday over rule changes to the Clean Air Act. The EPA's new rule affects the New Source Review clause, which mandates the installation of emissions controls when plants are upgraded. The attorneys-general say the Bush administration does not have the authority to change the act without Congressional approval. More from Pat Bradley.