Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
WAMC New York News
Thu June 3, 2004
State's Third Largest City Gets Junk Bond Status
By Kelly Wilkinson
Springfield, MA – Springfield, Massachusetts usually makes news because the city is saving money through its groundbreaking prescription drug program. Now the city has another, far less desirable designation: it's the only city in Massachusetts with junk bond status of its debt. The designation came late yesterday from Standard and Poor's investment house. It's a major blow to the city and will make it harder and more expensive for Springfield to borrow money. Kelly Wilkinson has more.