Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon March 20, 2006
States Win Lawsuit over EPA Utility Emissions Regulations
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – An EPA rule that would have allowed older power plants, refineries and factories to modernize without adding advanced pollution controls has been blocked. A federal appeals court has sided with 14 states which sued to prevent the Environmental Protection Agency from going forward with new regulations. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.