Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon March 20, 2006
States Win Lawsuit over EPA Utility Emissions Regulations
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – An EPA rule that would have allowed older power plants, refineries and factories to modernize without adding advanced pollution controls has been blocked. A federal appeals court has sided with 14 states which sued to prevent the Environmental Protection Agency from going forward with new regulations. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.