Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri January 13, 2012
Stephen Colbert's Big News: He May Run For President Of South Carolina
Comedian Stephen Colbert's "big announcement" last night (which we previewed yesterday)?
He's forming "an exploratory committee to lay the groundwork for my possible candidacy for the president of the United States of South Carolina," The Comedy Central host declared on his show.
"I'm doing it!" Stephen shouted.
And to avoid some pesky legal issues, he has transferred control of his Super PAC to Comedy Central's Jon Stewart. Now they supposedly won't coordinate as potential "candidate" Colbert thinks about running for ... something ... and Stewart spends money to support his buddy.
So will Stephen be factor in South Carolina's Jan. 21 Republican primary? As they say, stay tuned.
And for the serious stuff about the 2012 presidential campaign, check out It's All Politics.