Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Thu May 3, 2012
Steve Cowan & Ivette Alfonso - 'PRICELE$$'
This year’s U.S. presidential and congressional contests are expected to be the most expensive elections in the nation’s history. Despite the still struggling economy, millions of dollars are being poured into campaign war-chests and the accounts of political action committees, leaving many wondering, “Where does the money come from?”
National campaign finance is the topic of PRICELE$$ a documentary by Portland, Oregon-based non-profit production company Habitat Media. A free screening of the film was held in Albany last night followed by a Q&A with guests, including New York Congressman Paul Tonko.
WAMC’s Patrick Donges spoke with Ivette Alfonso, president of Citizen Action of New York, which organized the screening, and Steve Cowan, producer and director of Habitat Media, about the state of local and national campaign finance.