Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Wed December 23, 2009
Steven Kolpan - Sparkling Wine
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Our dear friend, Steven Kolpan, joins us with affordable sparkling wine suggestions.
Find the list at wamc.org/wine
Steven Kolpan is Professor of Wine Studies at The Culinary Institute of America (CIA), and holds the Charmer Sunbelt Endowed Chair for Wines and Spirits. He teaches Wine Studies, a course emphasizing a country-by-country and region-by-region approach to wine.
Steven is also the co-author (with Brian Smith and Michael Weiss) of WineWise: Your Complete Guide to Understanding, Selecting, and Enjoying Wine (Wiley, 2008). WineWise is a book for wine consumers, from novices to connoisseurs, and features a guide to more than 500 bargain wines. In May 2009,WineWise won both the coveted James Beard Foundation Award for Best Beverage Book of the Year and the Georges Duboeuf Wine Book of the Year Award.
In 2007, Professor Kolpan was named Wine Educator of the Year by the European Wine Council (an honor he shares with Michael Weiss). A Certified Wine Educator (C.W.E.), Steven joined the CIA faculty in 1986.
Steven Kolpan is the wine columnist for Salon.com and contributing editor and wine columnist for The Valley Table magazine.