Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Fri October 26, 2012
Storm Weary Vermont Gearing up for Possible Sandy Hit
Emergency response officials across Vermont are gearing up for Hurricane Sandy's expected landfall early next week.
Vermont is well away from the coastal areas expected to bear the brunt of the storm, but officials are still recovering from last year's Tropical Storm Irene, which devastated the state.
Public Safety Commissioner Keith Flynn outlined some of the state's preparations for the storm.
Experts are predicting that Sandy will hit the East Coast harder and wider than Irene did last year, but its inland impact is unclear.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.