Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu April 22, 2004
Student Group Urges Responsible Endowment Investments
By Kelly Wilkinson
Wiliamstown, MA – Today, a group of college students around the country launches a coalition that will pressure colleges and universities to scrutinize their endowment investments. One of the groups' founders is a senior at Williams College, where he's successfully worked for greater disclosure of the college's portfolio. The students hope to raise awareness about the small but growing field of socially responsible investing. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.