Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Tue September 5, 2006
Student T-Shirt Decision Leaves School Administrators Concerned About Dress Codes
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – School administrators across Vermont say it will be more difficult to write and enforce student dress codes in the wake of a recent federal appeals court ruling. A panel of the second U-S Circuit Court of Appeals issued a ruling late last week that says a Williamstown Middle-High School, Vermont student's first amendment rights were violated when he was forced to cover part of his t-shirt in 2004. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.