Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed November 12, 2003
Students' Coup Against Tobacco Ads
By Pat Bradley
Marshfield, VT – The tobacco industry has agreed to stop advertising in news-magazines directed at young people. It's the result of the efforts of six Vermont students who brought the practice to the attention of Vermont's Attorney General. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.