Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Fri January 13, 2006
Students plea for higher ed in NY
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Students from the State and City Universities of New York say the quality of public higher education in New York is at stake because the state has fallen short in its commitment to fund its institutions. SUNY and CUNY student trustees spoke out Thursday, hoping to head Governor George Pataki off at the pass and prevent funding cuts for higher education as Tuesday's budget address draws near.
WAMC's Jessica Bloustein spoke with SUNY and CUNY students at the State Capitol.