Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Fri January 13, 2006
Students plea for higher ed in NY
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Students from the State and City Universities of New York say the quality of public higher education in New York is at stake because the state has fallen short in its commitment to fund its institutions. SUNY and CUNY student trustees spoke out Thursday, hoping to head Governor George Pataki off at the pass and prevent funding cuts for higher education as Tuesday's budget address draws near.
WAMC's Jessica Bloustein spoke with SUNY and CUNY students at the State Capitol.