Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Fri January 13, 2006
Students plea for higher ed in NY
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Students from the State and City Universities of New York say the quality of public higher education in New York is at stake because the state has fallen short in its commitment to fund its institutions. SUNY and CUNY student trustees spoke out Thursday, hoping to head Governor George Pataki off at the pass and prevent funding cuts for higher education as Tuesday's budget address draws near.
WAMC's Jessica Bloustein spoke with SUNY and CUNY students at the State Capitol.