Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri December 10, 2004
Studies Point to Greater Amounts of PCBs
By Allison Dunne
Hudson Falls, NY – Findings from a pair of studies related to the dredging of PCBs in the Hudson River are out this week. One finding shows that greater amounts of PCBs could be disturbed and sent downstream than initially thought. Another shows higher-than-anticipated levels of PCBs in a certain portion of the river. EPA officials are considering the findings, but say time and cost estimates of the project will not yet change. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.