Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue March 8, 2005
Study Points to High Mercury Levels in NY
By Allison Dunne
Kingston, NY – A study is out today on mercury levels in the Northeast, and scientists say they're surprised at how high these levels are in some spots. They also say it's the first time they've found elevated mercury levels in forest songbirds. The study comes out one week ahead of the Environmental Protection Agency's expected final rules on controlling mercury emissions from coal-fired power plants. WAMC's Allison Dunne has more.