Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Mon June 5, 2006
Substantial Impact of High Gas Prices in Rural Areas
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The high gas prices of late are creating problems for everyone. Taxis and bus companies are requesting fare increases. Businesses that once provided free delivery are no longer offering the service. Volunteer agencies delivering meals to seniors are having trouble finding or reimbursing drivers. In rural areas, where a vehicle is virtually mandatory because of greater distances the impact is being substantially felt. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more..