Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Hudson Valley News
Tue July 17, 2012
SUNY Dutchess tuition rises
In-county students at SUNY Dutchess will pay more than $3,000 for tuition for the first time next fall under an annual budget approved 17-to-4 by the County Legislature Monday night. Hudson Valley Correspondent Hank Gross reports…
Dutchess college students will still pay the lowest tuition of any community college in New York State.
Some who supported the budget said their ‘yes’ was a reluctant one. Among them was Republican Benjamin Traudt.
“I also did a significant amount of outreach being as I know many people who take advantage of this service within my district, and friends alike,” Traudt said. “ What they came to the conclusion of, most of the responses were, we certainly don’t want to pay more; however, for the service, very reasonable, we’re a reluctant ‘yes’ on this one.”
Among the handful of dissenters was Democrat Joel Tyner, who suggested a “county income tax on the wealthy,” a suggestion he has made before.