Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Around the Nation
Tue May 15, 2012
Super Glue Helps Man Go For Fist-Pumping Record
Originally published on Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with congratulations to James Peterson who sought the world record for fist pumping. Yes. Mr. Peterson made this gesture of triumph for 16 hours. The Akron Beacon Journal says to maintain proper form he super glued his hand into a clenched fist. Yes. A video crew recorded this feat and sent it to the Guinness World Record people. If they do not accept the record we hesitate to think what gesture Mr. Peterson will try next. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.