Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Fri September 7, 2012
Supporters Hope to Restart VT-NH Bridge Project
A bridge replacement project linking Vermont and New Hampshire is a step closer to approval.
An environmental assessment has been completed and sent to federal authorities on a proposed Route 119 replacement bridge that would span the Connecticut River and connect Hinsdale and Brattleboro along the New Hampshire-Vermont border.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports the assessment looked at how water quality, wetlands, and historical resources would be affected by the project. Officials are examining its location near a gas company tank farm.
Budget cuts have delayed the project.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.