Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Fri September 7, 2012
Supporters Hope to Restart VT-NH Bridge Project
A bridge replacement project linking Vermont and New Hampshire is a step closer to approval.
An environmental assessment has been completed and sent to federal authorities on a proposed Route 119 replacement bridge that would span the Connecticut River and connect Hinsdale and Brattleboro along the New Hampshire-Vermont border.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports the assessment looked at how water quality, wetlands, and historical resources would be affected by the project. Officials are examining its location near a gas company tank farm.
Budget cuts have delayed the project.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.