Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri September 7, 2012
Supporters Hope to Restart VT-NH Bridge Project
A bridge replacement project linking Vermont and New Hampshire is a step closer to approval.
An environmental assessment has been completed and sent to federal authorities on a proposed Route 119 replacement bridge that would span the Connecticut River and connect Hinsdale and Brattleboro along the New Hampshire-Vermont border.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports the assessment looked at how water quality, wetlands, and historical resources would be affected by the project. Officials are examining its location near a gas company tank farm.
Budget cuts have delayed the project.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.