Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue June 22, 2004
As Supporters Visit, Mahmood Decision is Expected Soon
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – Members of a defense committee from Columbia County are at the Buffalo Detention Facility today to visit Pakistani immigrant Ansar Mahmood. Their trip comes as a letter from Congressional members is due to be sent to immigration officials. And, a recent court action has paved the way for a decision on Mahmood's fate. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.