Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Around the Nation
Tue January 15, 2013
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas Speaks
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with a word from Clarence Thomas - we're just not exactly sure what it is. The Supreme Court justice had gone seven years without saying a word in oral arguments. Then yesterday, Justice Thomas spoke.
Several justices were talking at once, leaving his exact remark unclear. But a detailed contextual analysis by The New York Times suggests he told a joke, saying a law degree from Yale or Harvard might be proof of incompetence. He's a Yale grad.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.