Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Around the Nation
Fri July 13, 2012
Surfing Goats Amaze California Beachgoers
Originally published on Fri July 13, 2012 11:04 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. It's hardly news to hear about surfers in Orange County unless they happen to be goats. Nanny goat Goatee and billy goat Pismo are stopping beachgoers in their tracks at San Onofre State Beach. The surfer dude who owns them got Goatee to help keep foliage on his property in check, then thought why not put them on surfboards. A video shows the two goats riding tandem, though so far they haven't been seen hanging ten or two hooves. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.