Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New England News
Wed February 14, 2007
Surgical center snipped by board
By Carrie Saldo
Lenox, MA – In Lenox, Massachusetts, the Zoning Board of Appeals denied a request that would have allowed an out-patient surgical center in a local shopping plaza; a center that local hospital officials contend would result in a $10 million loss for Berkshire Health Systems. However, as WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, reports the proposed developers are moving ahead with an alternate plan.