Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Wed February 14, 2007
Surgical center snipped by board
By Carrie Saldo
Lenox, MA – In Lenox, Massachusetts, the Zoning Board of Appeals denied a request that would have allowed an out-patient surgical center in a local shopping plaza; a center that local hospital officials contend would result in a $10 million loss for Berkshire Health Systems. However, as WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, reports the proposed developers are moving ahead with an alternate plan.