Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Wed February 14, 2007
Surgical center snipped by board
By Carrie Saldo
Lenox, MA – In Lenox, Massachusetts, the Zoning Board of Appeals denied a request that would have allowed an out-patient surgical center in a local shopping plaza; a center that local hospital officials contend would result in a $10 million loss for Berkshire Health Systems. However, as WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, reports the proposed developers are moving ahead with an alternate plan.