Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Tue January 31, 2012
Surprising Depression Treatments Show Promise
Traditional antidepressants like Prozac are widely used to treat depression by boosting serotonin levels, which researchers have long believed are at the root of depression. Research shows that other drugs, including ketamine — also known by its street name, Special K — may be more effective.