Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Tue January 31, 2012
Surprising Depression Treatments Show Promise
Traditional antidepressants like Prozac are widely used to treat depression by boosting serotonin levels, which researchers have long believed are at the root of depression. Research shows that other drugs, including ketamine — also known by its street name, Special K — may be more effective.