Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Mon December 12, 2005
Surveillance cameras for Springfield on hold
By Jessica Bloustein
Springfield, MA – The financial troubles of Springfield may prevent the state's most violent city from joining the small bandwagon of Massachusetts cities installing police surveillance cameras on city streets. A recent court decision requiring the city to repay its teachers for an illegal wage freeze in two thousand three has worsened the city's existing six point five million dollar deficit:
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.