Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
New England News
Thu August 16, 2012
Survey Finds Growth In Massachusetts Clean Energy Economy
An annual survey finds the clean energy economy in Massachusetts grew by more than 11 percent in the last 12 months as the sector added thousands of jobs. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
An annual report from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, released Thursday, said the renewable energy economy employs more than 71,000 people at 5,000 companies across the state.. It accounts for just under 2 percent of the state’s workforce. At Pioneer Valley Photovoltaics in Greenfield, Bill Stillinger, says his small workforce, which installs solar power systems, has quadrupled in ten years
The Massachusetts Clean EnergyCenter was created in 2008 to promote renewable energy technologies, companies and projects.