Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
New England News
Thu August 16, 2012
Survey Finds Growth In Massachusetts Clean Energy Economy
An annual survey finds the clean energy economy in Massachusetts grew by more than 11 percent in the last 12 months as the sector added thousands of jobs. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
An annual report from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, released Thursday, said the renewable energy economy employs more than 71,000 people at 5,000 companies across the state.. It accounts for just under 2 percent of the state’s workforce. At Pioneer Valley Photovoltaics in Greenfield, Bill Stillinger, says his small workforce, which installs solar power systems, has quadrupled in ten years
The Massachusetts Clean EnergyCenter was created in 2008 to promote renewable energy technologies, companies and projects.