Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed June 30, 2004
Survey Shows Number of Farms Continues to Decline in NYS
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The federal government's in-depth report on agriculture shows the number of farms in New York State fell between 1997 and 2002, continuing a decades-long trend of farmland decline in the state. But the numbers don't necessarily reflect how the agricultural industry is changing in New York. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.