Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri January 23, 2004
Survey Shows Strong Support for Indoor Smoking Ban
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – New York's Clean Indoor Air Act went into effect 6 months ago. The Adirondack Tobacco Free Network Coalition covers Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Warren Washington and Saratoga counties. The group has released the results of a survey that they say counters the perception that bars and restaurants are losing business due to the smoking ban. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.