Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
Wed December 13, 2006
Susan Arbetter's interview with the author of Big Box Swindle
Albany, NY – In less than two decades, large retail chains have become the most powerful corporations in America. In her revealing new book, Big Box Swindle, Stacy Mitchell illustrates how mega-retailers are fueling many of our most pressing problems from the shrinking middle class to rising pollution and diminished civic engagement.
Susan Arbetter began her conversation with Stacy Mitchell by asking her why people who say they hate Wal-Mart still shop there.
Stacy Mitchell's new book is called Big Box Swindle. It's published by Beacon.