Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Thu January 4, 2007
Susan Arbetter's interview with Damon Linker, author of Theocons 1/5/07
Albany, NY – According to author Damon Linker, George W. Bush has gone out of his way to blur the line between religion and politics in America. Linker says this has been acknowledged by his strongest supporters as well as his most strident critics. It is commonly assumed that the growing role of religion in public life has been driven by fundamental Protestants. However, in Linker's book The Theocons: Secular America Under Siege, he suggests that an exclusive focus on the evangelicals misses the heart of the story.
Susan Arbetter spoke with Linker, who is a former editor of the religious right journal, "First Things" about The Theocons...