Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Thu January 4, 2007
Susan Arbetter's interview with Damon Linker, author of Theocons 1/5/07
Albany, NY – According to author Damon Linker, George W. Bush has gone out of his way to blur the line between religion and politics in America. Linker says this has been acknowledged by his strongest supporters as well as his most strident critics. It is commonly assumed that the growing role of religion in public life has been driven by fundamental Protestants. However, in Linker's book The Theocons: Secular America Under Siege, he suggests that an exclusive focus on the evangelicals misses the heart of the story.
Susan Arbetter spoke with Linker, who is a former editor of the religious right journal, "First Things" about The Theocons...